10/20/2008

Breakfast Crepes


I absolutely love crepes! My dad used to make these for us all the time growing up, and even now sometimes. :)

This recipe will make about 6-10 crepes, depending on how you cook them and how thick you make the batter.



Ingredients:
1 c flour
1 egg
1/2 T vanilla extract (I also like to use almond extract instead)
1/2 t baking powder
1 T oil
1/2 t salt
3/4 c milk
Cinnamon to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients into a mixing bowl. I usually like my crepes pretty thin, so I usually add a little extra milk - closer to a cup.

Mix until smooth. I usually use a hand held mixer.

I use a crepe maker, so follow the instructions on yours if you have one.

If not - butter an 8" skillet and heat until it is very hot. Pour about 1/4 c of mix into the skillet and tilt the skillet to spread the batter evenly. Cook until you see the top start to bubble, flip then cook for another 20-30 seconds until lightly browned.

I usually cook a batch and keep them hot by either setting the oven at a very low temp, and placing the crepes on a pan in the oven as they are done. Or, if I'm only cooking for myself and my husband, I'll put them on a plate and cover with aluminum foil.

You can serve with a variety of toppings. I like to just spread on some butter and syrup, roll them up then put a bit more syrup over top.

Mmmmmm... so good! I could probably eat dozens of them, but I was good and stuck with 2. :pOh... I promised my husband that I would make sure to say that he made the eggs and bacon. They were excellent, honey! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667