10/02/2008

Taco Salad

This is a tried and true party dish that my friend's love! I never leave with leftovers. This recipe is extremely easy - no cooking involved!

This is my go-to dish whenever I have limited time, or just don't want to think about what to make. It only takes about 15 minutes.

I'll post a picture next time I make it.

You'll need a 9x13 baking dish, or something of similar size.

Ingredients
1 can refried beans

1 cup plain yogurt (can use mayo, but I like the healthier version with yogurt)
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 package taco seasoning

Veggies (pick and choose, or add your own):
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomato
Chopped chives
Chopped onion
Sliced olives (I use black)

Shredded cheese (I usually use Sharp Cheddar)

And, of course, tortilla chips.

How to make it:
Spread the refried beans over the bottom of the baking dish.

Mix together the yogurt, sour cream, and taco seasoning in a bowl until smooth. Spread over the refried beans.

Sprinkle the veggies over top, whatever amount looks good to you. Then sprinkle the cheese overtop.

That's it! Keep it refrigerated until you're ready to eat.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667