10/21/2008

Tuna (or Chicken) Casserole

I love this casserole - my mom used to make this with tuna all the time when we were younger. Sooooo good!!

My husband hates tuna, so I prepared the casserole then split it into 2 smaller baking dishes and made one with tuna, one with chicken. Ingredients:
1 large can tuna (if using chicken, either do 1 large can, or 2 chicken breasts)
- Prep chicken breasts by cutting into bite sized pieces and cooking in a skillet with a bit of salt and pepper
About 6 servings cooked egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of onion soup
1 cup milk
Mushrooms, sliced
Onions, diced
Carrots, sliced
Pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Oregano
Salt (if using chicken breasts)
Shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar, but all I had last night was some mozzarella and 6 cheese italian)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

In a mixing bowl, mix together the can of cream of mushroom or onion soup, milk, mushrooms, onions, carrots, garlic and pepper and oregano to taste.

Next stir in your noodles, tuna (or chicken) and cheese. I like a lot of cheese. Put in what looks right to you. I usually end up using a whole package.

Put the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.

When the 20 minutes is up, sprinkle some cheese on top and cook until melted. If you like your cheese to brown, put it on a bit earlier.

It's ready to serve!

My mom also used to crush up potato chips and sprinkle them on top, about 5 minutes before it was done. We didn't have any in the house last night, but it's a good addition.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667