1/16/2009

Crockpot Turkey

So I know the name sounds pretty generic. I mean - this could be anything. :)

But - I had this Jenni-O turkey breast - one of those ones that you can bake in the bag. But I really didn't want to make it like that. We had turkey and gravy at Thanksgiving and Christmas - it's too soon for that again.

So I decided to put it in the crockpot with some broth and veggies. I have no idea how much of the seasonings I used - I just put them in until it looks like enough.

I served it over egg noodles, but it could stand on its own, or over rice. It was really pretty good!

Ingredients:
2.5-3 lb turkey breast
About 32 ou turkey or veggie broth (I used turkey)
1/2 c white wine
About 4 carrots, sliced
4-5 celery stalks, sliced
1 leek, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced into half moons
Sage
Rosemary
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Flour (optional)
Egg noodles

Directions:
Place all ingredients except for the flour and noodles in the crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Remove the turkey (leave broth and veggies in the pot) and shred or slice.
If you would like - add some flour to the broth to make a thicker sauce.

Cook your egg noodles according to package directions.

Serve the turkey and sauce over the noodles. Enjoy!! This would probably be great with some good bread!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I need to make something in my crockpot soon!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667