1/06/2009

Greek Salad with Red Wine Vinegar


I figured we needed something light to go with the Moussaka, so I made this recipe from Take Home Chef.

It was extremely easy and really good!
Ingredients:
1/4 c red wine
1/4 c EVOO
3 T water
salt and pepper
1 small head Romaine lettuce (roughly chopped and washed) (I substituted baby spinach instead)
4 tomatos, cut into wedges
1/2 c Kalamata olives
1 cucumber (peeled and seeded, sliced)
6 ou feta cut into slices
1 T parsley, chopped
Directions:
Place the red wine vinegar in a bowl. Slowly add the olive oil and whisk. If dressing tastes too tart, add water 1 tablespoon at a time. (I added in about 1 T water). Season with salt and pepper then place to the side.

In a large bowl toss the lettuce, tomatos, olives (I put these in a separate, because I don't like olives), cucumber and dressing.

Divide between 4 plates. Place a piece of feta on each, sprinkle some chopped parsley and serve.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

What a perfect side dish for moussaka!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667