1/29/2009

Cheesy Lasagna Rolls

Inspired by The Missing IngredientThese were really garlicky and cheesy - two of our favorites!

I've really been wanting to make stuffed shells, but I didn't have any shells. When I saw Lasagna Rolls on The Missing Ingredient - I figured it was the perfect solution, since I had a whole box of lasagna noodles sitting in my cupboard.

J & I both really liked these! Next time I'd like to add some type of meat. Shredded chicken would be great, or prosciutto, or ground anything. :)

Note: all measurements are estimated, I really just threw things in until it looked right. :)

Ingredients:
8 lasagna noodles
About 1 cup cottage cheese (J hates ricotta)
About 1/4 c shredded mozzarella
About 1/4 c shredded parm
1-2 T dried oregano
1-2 T dried thyme
Pepper to taste
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
A good handful of fresh spinach
1 egg
1 jar of pasta sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Cook your noodles according to directions until just slightly under cooked. They will cook more in the oven.

Mix the remaining ingredients (except for the pasta sauce), in a medium bowl.
Remove the noodles from the water, and set on a baking sheet - do not overlap or they will stick together.

Prep an 8"x8" baking dish with oil, then adding a thin layer of pasta sauce to the bottom.

Take about 2-3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture, and spread it over a lasagna noodle.
Roll the noodle and place it in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Top the lasagna rolls with desired amount of pasta sauce. Then, if you would like, sprinkle on some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. (We love cheese! :)
Wrap the baking dish with aluminum foil and cook for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook another 10 minutes or so, until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing as I'm always looking for vegetarian friendly meals!

Colleen

This looks great - I love the idea of just using the noodles as "wraps" instead of making a whole big lasagna!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667