1/22/2009

Onion Soup Pork Chops

From allrecipes.com.

This was a really easy meal to throw together. And very good! I actually cut the amount of rice in half from the original recipe, because it seemed like way too much for 2 people.

I meant to make a steamed veggie to go with this, but I got caught up in another project and completely forgot. Oops! :)

Ingredients:
2 pork chops
1/2 c brown rice
1 1/2 c water
1/2-3/4 package of french onion soup mix
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Salt and pepper your pork chops to taste, and add some garlic powder if desired. Brown both sides in a frying pan in a little bit of oil.

In a small square casserole dish, mix your rice and onion soup mix.

When the pork chops are done, set them over the rice mixture. Slowly pour the water over everything.

Tightly cover the dish with aluminum foil, then place in the oven for about 1 hour.

5 comments:

Kristen616

Looks great! I'm definitely anxious to try this recipe out!

Colleen

I love to do this with potatoes - I never thought of it on pork chops!

Kristen616

Hey I know I already commented on this but I just wanted to tell you I love your blog and have given you an award! You can find it here:
http://lepetitpierogi.blogspot.com/

What's Cookin Chicago

I can never get too much onion in savory dishes - sounds fabulous!

Kelly

Sounds good Erica! Adding it to my dinners this week :-)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667