3/10/2009

Flank Steak with Shitaake Mushroom Sauce

Mmmm... this was delicious, and, added bonus, it's also healthy! I found the recipe on MyRecipes.com. It's a Cooking Light recipe.

I used the recipe exactly as stated on the website, so you can view the complete recipe using the link above. You should definitely give this a try. It was extremely easy, and only took about 20 minutes start to finish.

I actually managed to cook the steak the way we like it this time! About 5 1/2 minutes on each side in the broiler gave us a nice medium rare.

J bought me dried shitaake mushrooms instead of fresh, but I just put them in with the broth, and they softened up nicely. I did have to use a bit more broth, since the mushrooms soaked up a lot of it.

I served this over brown rice, with a side of corn.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Yum! Its posts like this where I wish my husband could eat beef!

Colleen

Oooh I haven't had flank steak in a long time - I need to try this!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667