3/12/2009

Sesame Chicken Salad

I found this recipe on myrecipes.com. It's a Cooking Light recipe.

This was so easy, and I absolutely loved the taste! You can view the full recipe at the link above.

It had a great Asian taste with a dressing that uses rice vinegar, peanut butter and sesame oil. The salad consists mostly of Napa cabbage, which is delicious, as well as sprouts, carrots, and toasted sesame seeds.

I only did 2 things differently. I didn't have any green onions, so I just used a regular onion. However, you just want to use a very little bit, you don't want it to be overpowering.

Also - I didn't combine the dressing, salad and chicken until I actually put it into the individual serving bowl. This way, I can have it as leftovers and the salad won't be wilted.

I just cooked the chicken by cutting it into bite-sized pieces and throwing it in a skillet with a little bit of oil, salt and pepper. This only takes about 10-15 minutes. While it was cooking, I was prepping everything else.

This would be a great dish for a light spring/summer meal.

2 comments:

Molly Jean

That looks really yummy!

Colleen

Looks like a great meal to usher in spring!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667