4/29/2009

Basil Pesto

Recipe from Vintage Victuals

The pesto was delicious - although I probably needed just a bit more basil (didn't quite have the full cup). I served it tossed with angel hair pasta with some of the leftover (Not)Rotisserie Chicken.

J and I both thought this was really good, and a really nice change from the typical tomato sauce. Plus it's super easy! I'll definitely be making it again.

Ingredients:
1 c fresh basil, fully packed
1/4 c Parmesan, grated
3 T toasted pine nuts or walnuts (I used pine nuts)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 c EVOO
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Use a small food processor, if you have one. Combine all ingredients except the EVOO and pulse several times to chop the leaves and blend the ingredients.

Place the processor on medium speed and slowly stream in the EVOO. Use less EVOO if you want to use this as a spread, more if using as a sauce.

Use immediately, or place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, or freeze individual portions.

I made this on Sunday, then used it in the pasta on Monday. :)

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I love homemade pesto and this looks great!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667