4/22/2009

Mozzarella, Basil, Tomato Stuffed Portobello

I think I originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com, but I searched for it and couldn't find it.

This is such a great side dish, and could even be a good vegetarian main dish. I absolutely love portobello mushrooms, and then add tomato, basil and mozzarella, and you just can't go wrong!

The amounts are approximate.

Ingredients:
2 portobello mushroom caps, gills and stems removed
1/2 tomato, chopped
3 T shredded mozzarella, fresh would be delicious on here!
4 leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped
1/2 T olive oil, and more to brush on mushrooms
1/2-1 T balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium heat. (You could also do this on a skillet.)

In a small bowl mix the tomato, basil, mozzarella, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper (minced garlic would be a great addition as well, but I forgot to add it.)

Brush the portobello caps with oil and season with salt and pepper.

Place the caps, gill side down, on the grill. Leave for about 3-5 minutes, then turn over. Spoon about 1/2 of the tomato mixture into each cap. Close grill lid and leave for another 3-5 minutes, until mushroom is softened and cheese is melted.

It's ready to serve!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I love stuffed portabellos and I wish I'd make it more often for meatless meals. This one looks delicious!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667