5/20/2009

Egg Salad

Recipe from eatcleandiet.com

This is a really good and easy (and healthy!) egg salad recipe. It's great for me to bring in my lunch on a sandwich, and would be excellent stuffed in a pita. I doubled the recipe and I got about 3 cups worth.

Ingredients:
1/2 c fat-free cottage cheese
2 T skim milk
2 t mustard
8 hard boiled egg whites, diced
2 hard boiled egg yolks
4 T chopped green onion
4 T finely chopped celery
Dash curry powder
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 t salt

Directions:
Mix the cottage cheese and milk until smooth. You can use a hand mixer or throw it in the food processor or even a blender.

Next blend in all other ingredients except the egg whites.

Add the egg whites last, and mix well.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I've never thought of using cottage cheese in an egg salad before! I'll have to try this!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667