5/28/2009

Garlicky Shrimp Pasta

This was inspired by the Angel Hair Pasta with Tomato and Basil that I made for our picnic the other day.

My meal plan is out the window for this week, because I never made it to the store. So I'm just trying to figure out what to make, with whatever we have in the house. I loved this pasta salad that I made, so I decided add to it and make it a meal. I ended up using fettuccine noodles, though it would probably be better with angel hair or orzo (didn't have either of those).

This is definitely something that could be eaten warm, room temp or cold. Last night it was warm. I'll be eating the leftovers today cold, so I'll let you know which way is better.

Ingredients:
1 lb fettuccine noodles, cooked (with a bit of salt and oil)
1/2 lb shrimp
1/2 c oil
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
15-20 cherry tomatos, quartered or halved
1/2 zucchini, sliced and then halved
Handful of basil, sliced into thin strips
3/4 c mozzarella, shredded
3/4 c Parmesan, shredded


Directions:
While you are cooking the noodles, in a small saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the shallots and garlic. Saute until tender, but be sure not to burn the garlic.

I added the zucchini into the water with the pasta for the last 2 minutes or so of cooking time. I didn't want it completely raw, so this softened it up a bit.

Meanwhile, cook the shrimp. I dropped it frozen into boiling water that was seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic for about 3-4 minutes. I drained it, ran it under cold water and then peeled and cut it into bite-sized pieces.

Drain the pasta and put into a large serving bowl.

Pour the hot oil with shallots and onions over the pasta and toss well to coat the pasta.

Add the remaining ingredients to the pasta and toss well. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator and serve cold.

1 comments:

Colleen

Anything with the words garlic, shrimp, and pasta in it has my vote!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667