5/01/2009

Tuscan Chicken Salad

Recipe from Proceed with Caution

Unfortunately I discovered my camera battery was dead when I went to take a picture, so I had to settle for this leftover' picture in my lovely Tupperware container. And no bread. :/

This was a great salad - though I did things a little differently than the original recipe calls for. I wanted to have leftovers for lunch the next day, so I didn't toss the spring mix in with the dressing. I also added in some scallions.

Just use your own judgment on how much of each veggie you want to use.

Ingredients:
About 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or sliced (I used leftover (Not)Rotisserie Chicken)
3/4 c EVOO
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2-3 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
Salt & pepper
Fresh mozzarella, chopped
Tomato, chopped
Scallions, chopped
Kalamata olives (we just had green olives in our fridge, so used those)
Bean sprouts
2 thick slices Italian bread
Spring mix lettuce, or your choice of greens

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the EVOO, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt & pepper.

Brush both sides of the bread with the vinaigrette and grill or toast. (I actually grilled them in our cast iron skillet.)

In the meantime, mix together the mozzarella, tomatos, scallions and olives (I didn't put in the olives here, because I don't like them. Just put them on J's plate at the end.) Toss with about 2 T vinaigrette.

Place the lettuce and bean sprouts onto individual plates. Top with the mozzarella mixture, then with chicken. Sprinkle with vinaigrette to taste and serve with the toasted bread.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667