7/17/2009

Caprese Salad w/ Shrimp & Avocado

I needed something quick, easy and light to eat for dinner last night. I was going to see Harry Potter, and knew I'd want popcorn (movie theatre popcorn=huge weakness) , but I needed to eat something before I left. And J wasn't going to be home, so I wanted something that I could easily throw together in one serving.
I love Caprese Salad, and I especially love that there is no cooking involved! Perfect for a summer evening when it's almost 90 degrees out. :)

I decided to throw in some shrimp and avocado and make it a meal! I had some pre-cooked shrimp in the freezer, so all I had to do was thaw. :)

I'm not going to give ingredient amounts, because it all depends on your personal tastes. I would, however, recommend going pretty light on the onion, if you use it. :)

Ingredients:
Tomatos, chopped
Fresh mozzarella, chopped
Avocado, chopped
Basil, roughly chopped
Fresh lemon juice
Red onion, chopped
Salt & pepper
Shrimp, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces

Directions:
Place the avocado in a bowl and squeeze the lemon juice over top. Mix remaining ingredients to taste. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667