7/07/2009

Portobello and Black Bean Quesadillas

Recipe from Cooking Light, 5 Ingredient / 15 Minute Cookbook (special edition)

I can't find this recipe online anywhere, so I'm going to post it in it's entirety below. J and I really liked these. I love Portobello mushrooms, and these quesadillas were full of flavor.

They only took me about 15 minutes to make, and they are only about 251 calories per quesadilla! I love it! :)

I made 2 minor changes from the original recipe. It called for diced pimientos and I couldn't find any, so I grabbed some diced green chilies - which seemed to fit in well with the recipe. Also - instead of Mexican blend cheese, I used Monterrey Jack.

Ingredients:
4 8-inch flour tortillas
Olive oil
2 Portobello caps, chopped
2 T balsamic vinaigrette
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced green chilies, drained
1 c Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 c thinly sliced green onion
Salsa, for serving

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat just enough olive oil to very light coat the bottom of the skillet, over medium heat.

Place the tortillas on a dish and microwave for about 50 seconds, to soften.

Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes. Mix in the balsamic vinaigrette, black beans and green chilies. Cook for about 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

I used a cast iron skillet to cook the quesadillas, though you could use a regular skillet, or quesadilla maker if you have one. Preheat your skillet over medium heat.

Place 1/4 of the mushroom mixture on 1/2 of a tortilla. Top with 1 T green onion and 1/4 c shredded cheese. Fold over. Place the quesadilla on the skillet and cook until golden brown, then flip (about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes). Cook until the other side is golden brown, and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Note: I also like to use a bacon press to flatten the quesadilla as it cooks.

Serve with salsa.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667