7/13/2009

Spinach-Stuffed Tomatos

Recipe from The Rookie Chef

Well - I didn't love them. Didn't hate them. The taste was good, but I think it was a texture thing for me. I think I'd like it much better if everything wasn't all ground up in a food processor. Also - I think the ratio of stuffing to tomato was too much, mostly because the stuffing was much better eaten with a bite of tomato. Not something that can stand alone.

I love the idea of stuffed tomatos, but next time I'll probably skip the food processor. :)

The only addition I made is that I added some fresh pesto and a bit more olive oil. I ended up getting 3 tomatos out of it.

Ingredients:
3 vine-ripened tomatos
1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
1/2 c shredded mozzarella
1/4 c pesto
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 c baby spinach
2 T olive oil

Directions:
I just used my toaster oven to make these, instead of heating the house even more by using the oven. So preheat it to 400.

Line the toaster oven rack with aluminum foil.

Cut to tops off of all three tomatos, and then remove the inside. I did this by using a knife to cut around the edge, then used a spoon to scoop out the guts.

Set tomatos aside.

Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and process until finely ground.

Stuff the tomatos to the rims with the stuffing. Place them in the toaster oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes.

Remove from toaster and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667