8/27/2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

Recipe from EatingWell.com


I definitely debated on posting this recipe, because, honestly, it wasn't very good.  It wasn't inedible or anything, just not something I would ever make again, or suggest for you to make.  But then I thought, well, I didn't technically follow it to a 't', and maybe someone can take the basic premise, and make some really great out of it.  Or - maybe if I followed the exact directions, it would've been good.

So here goes!

My changes:
I couldn't find the chipotle chili in adobo, so I used their suggested substition of ground chipotle and cider vinegar.
No red cabbage - I just bought one of those bags of preshredded coleslaw mix (with cabbage and carrots).
Finally, my cilantro went bad.  So I threw in some dried rosemary (it's what I had).  I honestly don't think this made that much difference in the grand scheme of things, but who knows?

Now to the recipe.

Creamy Avocado White Bean Wrap
Ingredients:
2 T cider vinegar
1 T canola oil
2 t finely chopped chipotle chili in adobo (or a pinch ground chipotle and a dash cider vinegar)
1/4 t salt
2 c shredded red cabbage (I did the bagged coleslaw mix)
1 medium carrot, shredded (skipped this - carrot in the coleslaw mix)
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro (threw in some dried rosemary)
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 ripe avocado
1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar
2 T minced red onion
4 whole wheat tortillas or wraps (8-10 inch)

Directions:
Whisk together the cider vinegar, oil, chipotle and salt.  Mix in the cabbage, carrot and cilantro.  Set aside.

In another bowl combine the white beans and avocado.  Use a potato masher to or fork to mix well.  Mix in the onion and cheddar.

Spread 1/4 of the bean/avocado mixture onto a wrap, then top with 1/4 of the cabbage mixture and roll.  Repeat with remaining ingredients.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667