9/10/2009

Italian Tortilla Pizza

I got the idea for tortilla pizza from an Ellie Krieger recipe for tortilla pizza.  And I figured I'd see what I had at home and pile on some toppings.


Honestly - I was surprised by how good this tasted.  But J and I loved it!  And it's such a great way to use those extra tortilla shells that often go to waste.

I'm not going to put quantities, it's up to your own tastes.

Ingredients:
Whole wheat tortillas
Tomato paste
Garlic, minced
Shallot, minced
Tomato, diced
Mushroom, sliced
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Fresh basil leaves, torn

Directions:
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Set the tortilla on the sheet and spread on a layer of tomato paste.  Sprinkle on the garlic and shallot, and then the tomato and mushrooms.  Finally sprinkle the cheese over top.

Bake for about 20 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla begins to crisp.  Remove from oven and top with torn basil leaves.

Cut into quarters and serve.

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Ingenious! Sometimes it can be tedious to make pizza dough but using tortillas definitely makes it easier! Looks delicious!

Jessica - The Novice Chef

I have never seen a pizza on a tortilla before! What a great idea!

printable coupon

I haven't tried pizza at home but i will try it!!
thanks for sharing this great idea.

Karine

I love the combo of topping on your pizza! :)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667