9/04/2009

Microwave Potato Chips

Recipe from The Rookie Chef


I'll be honest - I was a bit skeptical about how this would work.  Potato chips?  In the microwave?  Really?  Yes, really. 

These were nice and crispy with a good flavor!  I was really surprised.  The biggest issue with these is I could really only get about 8-10 chips in the dish at a time - to keep them one layer - so it definitely takes some time.


Ingredients:
2 baking potatos, sliced thin
Olive oil
Seasonings - I used seasoned salt - use whatever you like

Directions:
Place potatos in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil - just enough to thinly coat.  Toss potatos to coat each piece.  Sprinkle with desired amount of seasoning and toss to coat.

Spray a 9"x9" baking dish with a thin layer of cooking spray.  Place 1 layer of potato slices in the dish, and microwave about 5 minutes.  (Keep an eye on them - depending on thickness they may need a little less or a little more time.)

Remove from microwave, repeat with remaining slices.  No need to regrease dish.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I remember a similar recipe I used to make! Years ago I was a consultant for Tastefully Simple (a gourmet food line). I made a micowave potato chip recipe to go with the spices I was highlighting. Thanks for reminding me of this!!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667