11/06/2009

Chicken w/ Maple Mustard Pan Sauce

Recipe from Apple a Day

This is the first recipe featuring my Ingredient of the Month: Maple Syrup!





This chicken was very good; however, I felt like the flavor could really be stronger.  I think if I made this again, I would brown the chicken and then cook it in the sauce so that it really soaks up the flavors.

But it was a really simple recipe to throw together - great for a weeknight meal!

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & pepper to taste
2 T olive oil
1 c chicken broth
3 T pure maple syrup
2 T plus 1 t coarse-grained mustard
1/2 t dry mustard
2 t dry parsley (or use fresh at the end for garnish)

Directions:
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook through in the pan, about 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness of chicken). (As I said above, next time I would cook it with the sauce in the pan.)

Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients.

Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan.  Place the sauce into the pan and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes, until reduced down to about 3/4 of the original amount.  Return chicken to pan and bring up to temp, turning once to coat with sauce.

Serve with some of the pan sauce spooned over top.

1 comments:

Kelsey

Thanks for trying one of my recipes. I agree with you about the flavor. I'll make it again, too, but with some more punch!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667