11/06/2009

Ham, Brie, Pear Panini w/ Apple Waldorf Salad

I made these paninis out of what I had in the refrigerator, and I thought they were delicious!



I served them with Apple-Waldorf salad.  I found this recipe from a Cooking Light - 5 Ingredients or 15 Minute Cookbook.  I can't find it online (and I forgot to take a picture), but J and I both thought it was really good.  Just combine 2 Granny Smith apples (cored and diced), 1/4 c light mayo, 1 T lemon juice, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 c cranberries, and about 2 1/2 T toasted walnuts, and then allow it to chill.  It would probably be great with some Greek yogurt in place of the Mayo. :)

Panini Ingredients:
Thick slices of bread (I cut thick slices from a loaf of multi-grain)
Sliced ham
Sliced brie
Baby spinach
Pear slices
Spicy mustard

Directions:
Preheat a panini grill, skillet or cast iron to a medium heat.

Build your sandwich and spray the outsides of the bread with cooking spray.  Cook both sides until lightly browned and the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667