11/10/2009

Herbed New Potatos

Recipe from Smells Like Home (Ina Garten recipe)



I was looking for an easy, fairly healthy potato recipe for a large group.  And I didn't want mashed, as I'm not a big fan.  I came across this recipe and it definitely fit the bill.  The fresh herb taste was delicious!  I actually doubled the recipe, because we had about 14 people eating. 

Ingredients:
1/2 stick unsalted butter
2 1/2 pounds small potatos (I used Yukon gold, and I cut them in half or thirds)
2 t kosher salt
1/2 t pepper
3 T mixed fresh herbs of choice - I used dill, chives and rosemary

Directions:
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot.  Add the potatos, salt and pepper and toss to coat the potatos.

Place on a tightly fitting lid and cook over medium-low heat for about 30-35 minutes, until fork tender. (From time to time, shake the pot to toss the potatos, so the ones on the bottom don't burn.)

Turn off heat and allow to steam for about 5 more minutes.  Mix in the fresh herbs and serve.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667