12/16/2009

Curry Chicken Salad Wrap

Recipe from Ellie Krieger


I really liked this chicken salad.  I loved the melding flavors of curry and grapes.  And it was extremely easy to throw together on a Sunday for a Wednesday meal. The recipe didn't specify what kind of curry, so I used red.  I would say use what you like.

Ellie actually makes this as a salad, but I decided to eat it as a wrap.  I bought some whole wheat flatbread to use and I also added tomato and onion.  It was delicious!  And J was in agreement. :)

Ingredients:
1 c chicken broth
1 c water
1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c sliced almonds
1/2 c nonfat plain yogurt
2 T mayo
1 t curry powder (I probably added in about another 1/2 t just for my own personal taste)
1 c halved red grapes
1/4 c chopped cilantro leaves (I didn't have any, so I think I actually sprinkled in some dried thyme)
1 c mixed greens
1 t EVOO
1/4 t lemon juice
1/2 small tomato, diced
1/4 small onion, sliced into half moons

Directions:
Bring the broth and water to a boil and then add the chicken.  Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes.  Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.  Remove chicken and cool completely in the refrigerator.

Cut the chicken into 1/4" dice.  Toast almonds in a small dry skillet for about 2-3 minutes.

In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayo and curry powder. (I also added the thyme here.) Fold in chicken, grapes, cilantro (if using), and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.

In a separate small bowl toss the greens with the EVOO, lemon, tomato and onion.

Place some chicken salad down the center of your wrap, then top with the greens mixture.  Roll up and eat!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667