2/01/2010

Wonton (Dumpling) Soup

Recipe from Let's Cook Asian


This was really good soup.  J and I both enjoyed it.

The recipe in the book actually tells you how to make your own stock, but I just used store bought chicken broth, because I didn't have that much time.

Also - I couldn't find wontons anywhere!!  And I didn't have time to make my own, so I found these frozen pork and vegetable dumplings that I used instead.  They worked well. :)

Ingredients:
3 c chicken broth
12 wontons (dumplings)
Handful baby spinach, shredded
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
2-3 scallions, trimmed and diagonally sliced
Soy sauce, to taste
Parsley (if desired) to garnish (I skipped this)

Directions:
In a large wok or saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, simmering 5-7 minutes to slightly reduce.

Add the wontons (dumplings), spinach, carrots and scallions.  Season with a few drops of soy sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until wontons (dumplings) are heated through.

Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.

1 comments:

Colleen

This looks great! Nice to know there is one I can make at home!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667