3/17/2010

Mushroom Marsala Risotto

Recipe from What's Cookin, Chicago?


This risotto was so good.  Rich and creamy, and I loved the added marsala flavor.  I used to be so nervous about making risotto.  It seemed like something so easy to mess up.  I do admit my first attempt wasn't great - I think I just need to add in some more broth, as it wasn't fully cooked.  But from that point forward, every time I make it, it turns out delicious.

I'm so glad I decided to give it a shot! :)

I cut this recipe in half, as it was just the two of us eating it.

Ingredients:
1/2 T butter
1/2 chopped onion
5 ou sliced baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
1/2 cup arborio rice
1/4 c Marsala wine
3 cups heated stock (I used chicken)
1/4 c grated Parmesan
Salt to taste

Directions:
Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and saute the onions until soft.  Add the mushrooms and saute until tender.

Mix in the arborio rice and heat until coated and transluscent, then mix in the marsala.  Stir until the marsala has been fully absorbed.

Add about 1 ladle-full of stock to the rice.  Stir almost constantly and simmer gently.  When the stock has been fully absorbed, add another and repeat the process until stock is gone and rice is tender.

Mix in the Parmesan cheese and salt to taste.  Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for about 2 minutes before serving.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667