4/12/2010

Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage

I know, I'm a little late - St. Patrick's Day has come and gone.  But - I've been craving it for a while.  I was going to make it the week of St. Patty's Day, but things came up and it never happened.


I absolutely love corned beef.  This was so simple to throw together, and the beef was tender and delicious!

Ingredients:
Corned beef brisket
3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 turnips, peeled and chopped
1 small head cabbage, roughly chopped
8-10 small red potatos

Directions:
Put the carrots, turnips and cabbage into the crockpot, then place the corned beef on top.  If desired, sprinkle with the seasoning that comes with most corned beef briskets.

Cover and cook on low for about 7-8 hours.

About 45 minutes before eating, boil the potatos until fork tender.  I also threw some garlic, salt, pepper and thyme into the water to season them.

Drain the potatos, slice the beef, and serve.

1 comments:

Lazaro Cooks

Corned-beef and cabbage classic. Great photo. Vibrant and alive. Thanks for sharing.

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667