4/12/2010

Marinara w/ Red Wine

Recipe from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate

I had a bit of Chianti left over from a couple of past recipes, and came across this recipe to use it in marinara sauce.

I really loved this.  I used it on this Grilled Pizza, and I'm using it on pasta with meatballs tonight.  It has a really rich flavor from the wine.  I thought it was delicious!

Sorry, no picture.  I'll try to remember to take one tonight of the pasta.

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
1 c chopped onion
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1/2 cup good red wine (I used Chianti)
1 (28 ou) can diced tomatos
1 T fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 t kosher salt
1/2 t pepper

Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a small stockpot or dutch oven.  Add onion and saute over medium heat until translucent, 5-10 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.

Add wine and cook on high heat, scraping up all the brown bits, until almost all liquid is evaporated.

Stir in the remaining ingredeints.  Cover and simmer on low for about 15 minutes.

Once this was cooked through, I put it in my food processor and pulsed about 4-5 times.  I like my sauce just a bit smoother.

1 comments:

Krystal R

Thanks for the linking me and you made this recipe on a wonderful day, my wedding anniversary! Hope you enjoyed it!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667