7/03/2010

Foil Packet Grilled Potatos

My Mom used to make these often when we were growing up.  This is a really simple recipe that you can tailor to fit your taste buds.


Every time I make these, I throw in something different.  Sometimes I mix in some veggies, others I just stick with herbs and spices, and other times I like to add some cheese as well.  I won't put any measurements, as I tend to just throw things in until it looks good. :)

Ingredients:
2 medium baking potatoes, cut into slices (like french fries)
Green Onion, sliced
Banana pepper, chopped
Salt & pepper
Fresh rosemary
Grated Parmesan
Olive oil

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium heat.

Toss the potato slices with some olive oil, salt and pepper.  Lay out two sheets of aluminum foil (these need to be large enough to fold around the potatoes).

Spread some olive oil over the aluminum foil, then place one potato on each foil sheet.

Top with remaining ingredients and wrap the foil over the potato mixture.  Place foil wrapped potatoes on grill (seam side up) and grill for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are soft.

Remove from heat and serve.  Be careful when opening packets as it will be hot!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667