8/27/2010

Greek Turkey Meatballs

Recipes from skinnytaste.com


These were very good, moist, easy to make meatballs.  Instead of cooking them in a skillet I decided to bake them.  Only because when I made these, I had too much going on with the stove top as it was.  :)

I served these on whole wheat sandwich thins (cut the meatballs in half to make it easier to eat) with some tomatoes and tzatziki sauce.  I made them a couple days ahead, then just reheated them in a small pot when we were ready to eat.


Ingredients:
1.25 lbs lean ground turkey
1 c zucchini, grated and squeezed to remove excess liquid
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 c bread crumbs (I used Panko)
1 large egg
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c red onion, finely minced
1 1/2 t dry oregano
1/2 c fresh parsley, chopped
1 t dried mint
Salt & pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Wet bread with water and squeeze dry.  Break into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.  Combine remaining ingredients until just mixed.

Form into small meatballs - about 1" in diameter.  I made about 18 meatballs.

Place on lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake for about 25-30 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165.

1 comments:

Unknown

These sound really yummy, E. I'm intrigued by serving them with the tzatziki sauce.

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667