11/12/2010

Bimini Bread

Recipe from All Recipes


I've started making a loaf of bread just about every Sunday.  I've been using my bread machine because yeast hates me (but one of these days I'm going to conquer it!).  I love the smell of fresh baked bread.  And since I make so many soups and stews when the weather is cold, it's the perfect accompaniment all week long!

This bread was really good, and just slightly sweet from the molasses.  This recipe just makes a small 1 pound loaf.

Ingredients:
3/4 c hot water
1/2 c rolled oats
1 1/2 t molasses
1 T butter
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 c bread flour
1 T active dry yeast

Directions:
Soak the oats in the hot water for about 2 minutes, then stir in the molasses.  Add the oat mixture to the bread machine along with the remaining ingredients.  Select the White bread, light crust setting and hit start. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667