1/31/2011

Broccoli in Mustard Vinaigrette

Recipe from Healthy Food


I love broccoli, it's one of my favorite vegetables.  So I asked Jeremy to make this as a side dish to my tuna steak for my birthday.

I thought this was delicious!  It had a nice little bite from the mustard and vinegar and a good crunch from the walnuts.  And it was very simple to make. :)  You could make this with raw broccoli, but we decided to cook it for this meal.

Ingredients:
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
2 t whole grain mustard
3 T white wine vinegar
1 T olive oil
1/8 c chopped fresh herbs (we used cilantro)
1 T chopped walnuts

Directions:
Steam broccoli for 10-15 minutes until it reaches desired tenderness.

Meanwhile, whisk together remaining ingredients, except walnuts.  Once broccoli is done, toss together in a medium bowl and serve sprinkled with walnuts!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667