3/12/2011

Crockpot Tuscan Beef and Bean Stew

Recipe from Kitchen Stewardship


I cooked this recipe in the crockpot, instead of stove top.  Basically I didn't pre-cook or brown any thing, just threw it all together and let it cook away! :)

J and I liked this recipe.  However, I added way too much kale and it kind of over-powered the other flavors.  I'd make this again, but I'd definitely cut back.  I just used the entire bunch of kale because I wasn't sure what I'd do with the leftovers, but I didn't realized it has such a strong flavor.

Ingredients:4-8 ou mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 lbs beef for stew, cut into 1-2" pieces
2-3 c beef broth (I used 3)
2 T tomato paste
15 ou can diced tomatoes with juice
2 cans white beans
4 carrots, diced
2-3 c kale
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 t Italian seasoning
1 1/2 t dried parsley
1/2 t dried parsley
Shredded Parmesan, for serving

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a large crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667