7/14/2009

Turkey, Apple, Brie Pitas

Adapted from Food Alla Puttanesca

These were so good! As soon as I saw this recipe on Food alla Puttanesca's blog, I knew I needed to use these flavors. YUM!

I decided on pitas mostly because I was going to buy them for the Chicken Gyros that I plan to make tonight. So I wanted to use up the extras. And I didn't want to buy a whole loaf of good, fresh bread, just for 2 sandwiches.

I definitely recommend you try these out, whether you do a pita or a panini.

Ingredients:
2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half and opened
4 slices smoked turkey
About 4 ou Brie, sliced
1/2 granny smith apple, sliced
1 1/2 medium tomatos, sliced
Spicy mustard

Directions:
Preheat toaster oven to 350.

Layer the Brie, apple, turkey, mustard and tomato into all 4 pita halves.

Place the pita halves on the toaster oven broiler pan, or line the rack with aluminum foil. Cook for about 10 minutes, until pita is toasted and cheese is melted.

Eat! :) I served these with Baked Sweet Potato Thins.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667