10/28/2008

Pork Chops and Gravy

I know, I know... you're thinking "Pork chops and gravy? What's the big deal? What's so hard about that?" Well, nothing. And that's why I love it. :)

Thanks to xmeli554x for posting this recipe. We used to either grill or bake our pork chops with a little bit of seasoning. It got boring, so I searched for something a little different, but still easy. This is what I found. :)Ingredients:
1 can of cream of ????? soup (I usually use mushroom, but I didn't have any so this time I used cream of chicken, still very good)
1/2 c milk
Salt (I used kosher) and pepper to taste
2 pork chops (I use boneless)
Onion, chopped (optional)

Directions:
Heat a skillet with a little bit of oil, add your onions (if you want them).

Salt and pepper your pork to taste, then add to the skillet and brown both sides.
In the meantime, in a bowl mix the cream of ????? soup and the milk and add some pepper to taste. I like to put a lot of pepper in this. Mix until you get all the lumps out.

Once the pork is browned on both sides, add the gravy mixture to the skillet. Cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of pork, turning once about half way through.
You can't see it, but I swear there's pork in there. :)

I usually serve it over plain brown rice - the gravy gives it a good taste - and with a steamed veggie.

1 comments:

Dana

This was one of mom's easiest recipes when i was growing up. My brother refused to eat pork chops, so we called it "smothered meat". It was one of his favorite meals!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667