11/05/2008

Chicken & Mushroom Crepes

I love crepes - we usually make sweeter breakfast crepes and eat them with butter and syrup, but I decided to try the dinner variety.

They turned out really good. I think next time I would probably add a bit more spice, maybe some thyme or rosemary.

Crepe Ingredients:
3/4 c flour
1 1/2 t sugar
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 c milk
1 T butter, melted
1/4 t vanilla
1 egg

Crepe Directions:
Lightly grease 7" or 8" skillet with butter, heat over medium high heat until butter bubbles.
Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Pour about 1/4 c batter into pan for each crepe and cook both sides until golden brown. (Rotate pan so batter covers the pan.) Stack them between wax paper and cover to keep moist.

This recipe made 7 crepes for me.

Filling Ingredients:
1 c milk
1 c chicken broth
1/4 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 c butter
2 c cut up cooked chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts)
1 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 c chopped swiss chard

Filling Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix milk, chicken broth, flour, salt, pepper and butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.

Stir in chicken, mushrooms and swiss chard. Heat through for about 5 minutes.
Spread about 1/4 c filling into each crepe, roll crepe and place seam side down in 11x13 baking dish.

Pour remaining filling mixture over the crepes. Bake about 15-20 minutes.
Note: Crepes can be made ahead and kept up to 2 days. Wrap stacked, cooked crepes in aluminum foil. To reheat place wrapped stacks in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Graham and Sonya

My fiance and I tried this recipe tonight and it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure we'll make it again and again.

-Graham

Anonymous

These savory crepes sound creamy and delicious! I'd like to include your recipe on our blog, please let me know if you're interested :).

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667