11/06/2008

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

I got this recipe from Kelly Cooks... and Other Amazing Feats.

They tasted really good! The problem that I ran into is that they did not cook all the way through in the skillet. I was afraid they would burn if I left them in much longer, so I ended up putting them in the oven for about 15 minutes to finish cooking.

The pork chops I used were probably 3/4 inch thick. I don't know if they were too thick (according to the directions they can be up to 3/4 inch) or if the oil was too hot and cooked the outside too quickly. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1 c dried Italian-style bread crumbs
3/4 c freshly grated Parmesan
4 (1/2 to 3/4 inch) center cut pork loin chops (I only made 2 pork chops)
Salt and pepper to taste
6 T olive oil
Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions:
Whisk the eggs into a bowl.

Place the bread crumbs in another bowl. And the cheese in a 3rd.

Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper.

Coat the chops completely with the cheese, pat to adhere. Dip them into the eggs (be sure to cover completely) and then into the bread crumbs.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.

Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown and center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. (As I mentioned above, I actually had to put them in the oven for about 15 minutes at about 350.)

Serve them with lemon wedges.

I served this with a side of Mac N' Cheese and steamed broccoli.

1 comments:

Kelly

Hey Erica,

I've actually never tried using a thick chop for these -- I always just buy the thin ones b/c they cook up quickly for a weeknight dinner.
The only other thing I can reccommend is cook them at a lower temperature to give the meat time to cook thoroughly.
Hope that helps!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667