11/21/2008

Taco Bake

I found this recipe on Cooking This and That. It seemed pretty easy and we both love tacos!

As I was cooking this, I kept thinking it looks more like a dip you'd eat with tortilla chips, instead of an actual meal. But it tasted really good - tasted a lot like tacos (shocking, I know)! But I feel like it needed something, to make it more meal like. I'm not really sure what though. Any ideas?

I think maybe I'd like to try this same idea with a different mix for the meat. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

I added cilantro to the sour cream and cream cheese mix, I had it in my fridge and wanted to use it before it went bad.

I also had to cook this in our toaster oven again, because our oven is still broke. So I put it into 2 smaller dishes and only cooked it for about 20 minutes each.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
15-ou can tomato sauce
8 ou medium shell pasta
8 ou package cream cheese, softened
1 c sour cream
8 ou shredded sharp cheddar
2 T chives, chopped (not in original recipe)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Brown the meat in a large skillet, drain. Mix in the taco seasoning and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Then simmer on low for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile cook your pasta according to package directions.

Mix your sour cream, cream cheese and chives in a separate bowl.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish.

Layer your pasta, then the cream cheese mixture (spread evenly as best you can), and then the ground meat mixture. Then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
Bake for about 30 minutes, and let cool about 15 minutes before serving.

1 comments:

Colleen

I am glad you liked this, too! Maybe another layer of cheese on top of the pasta would make it more of a "meal", you know? Or I was actually thinking of mixing the beef WITH the pasta before putting it into the dish. Either way, we loved it too!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667