12/03/2008

Cheddar Baked Chicken

From Le Petit Pierogi

This chicken was delicious!! It will for sure be added on to our rotation.

Ingredients:
1/4 c butter melted (I didn't use this, just sprayed a pan with oil)
1/2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t garlic powder
1 egg
1 T milk
1 c shredded Cheddar
1/2 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 c crispy rice cereal (I used Panko)
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut in half (I used 2 large chicken breasts cut in half)
2 T butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a medium baking pan with the melted butter or oil.

In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. In another beat together the egg and milk. In a third mix the bread crumbs, Panko and cheese.

Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, then coat them in the egg mixture and finally press on the breadcrumb mixture to coat.

Arrange in the baking dish and drizzle with the 2 T melted butter.

Bake for about 35 minutes, until juices run clear.

3 comments:

nicole

oo this looks so good! anything cheesey is wonderful in my book!

ps- you should totally try the phyllo dough, not scary at all. I am sure you will be so surprised how easy it is.

What's Cookin Chicago

What an interesting use for rice cereal... but I probably would have made it just as you did with panko. :) Looks fabulous and delicious!

Anonymous

I made this last night and it was awesome! I was out of Panko so I actually used some crushed rice Chex and it was delicious.

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667