12/03/2008

Baked Mushroom Rice

I got this recipe on allrecipes.com. The flavor was great! Although I think I needed to cook it a little longer, and add a bit more water.

Other than that, I'd definitely make it again.

I split this in half for the 2 of us, and there was still a lot of rice. This would probably serve 6-8 people easily.

Ingredients:
2 c uncooked white rice (I used brown)
1 can cream of mushroom
1 c vegetable broth (I only had chicken so that's what I used)
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped mushrooms
1 t dried parsley (I had some fresh to get rid of, so I used that)
1 t dried oregano
1/4 c butter, melted (I just realized I completely forgot to include this... oops)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.

In a large bowl, stir together rice, cream of mushroom soup and broth. Blend in the onion, mushrooms, parsley, oregano, melted butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. If the rice looks dry before it is tender, add some water. (I added about 1/4 c, but it could've used a bit more.)

3 comments:

Carrie

I am always looking for new rice recipes, I will have to give this a try!

Colleen

I agree with Carrie - a new rice recipe is always great! Both dishes look delicious!

What's Cookin Chicago

I love rice and this is a great looking dish! Thanks for sharing :)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667