12/10/2008

Cherry Wine Glazed Pork Roast

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. The original called for it to be roasted in the oven, but since we weren't too sure of our schedule for that day, I decided I would cook it in the crockpot instead.

This turned out so good! It was super easy and I will definitely make it again.

It called for sliced almonds as well, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate them into the crockpot method, so I just left them out.

Ingredients:
1 (12 ou) jar cherry preserves (I think this would probably be good also with grape, apple or even strawberry)
1/4 Marsala Cooking Wine
2 T light corn syrup
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t cloves (all I had were whole cloves, so I threw in about 5 or 6)
3 lbs boneless pork loin roast

Directions:
Place the roast in the crockpot.

In a saucepan - combine all other ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Pour sauce over the roast in the crockpot.
Set on low and cook for about 8 hours. Every 1-1.5 hours spoon the sauce over the roast in the crockpot.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I love making roasts because its a dish that lasts for a few days between the 2 of us. This recipe looks amazing and the cherry wine sounds like it compliments the pork perfectly!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667