12/10/2008

Red Wine Rice

I needed to make something to go with the Cherry Wine Glazed Pork Roast, so I made up this recipe using brown rice and red cooking wine. J and I both thought it turned out well.

Ingredients:
1/4 c brown rice
1 1/4 c chicken broth
1/2 c red cooking wine
1 small onion, chopped
Pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat oil in a saucepan, then add the onions and cook until tender.

Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for about 30-40 minutes, until rice is tender.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I've never tried cooking rice with wine but have seen it a few times. Thanks for reminding me of this... I'll have to remember to make this with any leftover wine I have! :)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667