12/05/2008

Chicken Parmesan

We love Chicken Parm, and since we haven't had it in a while I decided it was about time I made some.

I did it a bit different this time. First I used Panko bread crumbs, which I have newly discovered and I absolutely love! And I kind of prepared it similar to the Cheddar Baked Chicken that I made a few days ago, because we both loved that!

We both thought it turned out really good. I'll definitely continue to make it this way.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1/2 c Panko
1/2 c shredded mozzarella
1 t Italian seasoning
Pepper to taste
1 egg
1 T milk
Pasta sauce (I just used a jar of Prego this time)
2 slices mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350

In a bowl mix together the egg and milk. In a separate bowl mix together the panko, shredded mozzarella, Italian seasoning and pepper.

Prepare a small baking dish by spraying with a non-stick oil, then cover the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of pasta sauce.
Dip chicken breast first into egg mixture, coating completely. Then press it into the Panko mixture, covering the breast completely.

Place the chicken into the baking dish. Place one slice of mozzarella on each breast. Then pour a layer of pasta sauce over the chicken.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until juices run clear. I served it with a side of linguine pasta.

3 comments:

Kristen616

I love Chicken parm...This looks delicious!

What's Cookin Chicago

Looks awesome and I love a good comforting dish like this during the winter!

Unknown

i never thought of combining the cheese with the bread crumbs. maybe i'll try this the next time i make chicken parm

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667