12/04/2008

Sweet Potato Soup

So I had about a 2 quart casserole dish full of these leftover sweet potatos from Thanksgiving. I knew we wouldn't eat them, and I really didn't want all of them to go to waste. So I decided to attempt some sweet potato soup.

I really didn't do too much, and it turned out pretty good! It is extremely sweet, so you can't eat too much at a time. I was thinking of adding some lime, or topping with sour cream to counteract some of the sweetness. Any ideas?

Ingredients:
2 quarts leftover Crockpot Sweet Potatos with Apples
2 cans chicken broth
1 c heavy cream
Cayenne pepper - I'm guessing I used 1/2-1 T

Directions:
Place a can of chicken broth, along with 1/2 the leftover sweet potatos in the blender and puree until smooth. About 30 seconds-1 minute.
Place this in a large pot, and repeat with remaining sweet potatos and chicken broth.
Add cumin to taste, and set heat to medium and heat through.

Once heated through mix in the heavy cream. And it's ready to serve!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Oooh - what a great idea! There are so many squash soup recipes and this is a nice change of pace!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667