12/15/2008

Floribbean Mojo Roasted Pork

I found this recipe after seeing the Floribbean Holiday Adventure on Joelen's Culinary Adventures. I was hoping to submit it, but my computer wouldn't cooperate this weekend.

However, it was really good. (Minus the pan mishap, burning the marinade on the bottom of the roasting pan, that hopefully with some good tips I've gotten, will be fixed soon!)

I cooked it for my sister, brother-in-law, J and myself. We all liked it!

Ingredients:
1 4-5 lb pork loin

Cuban Marinade:
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (none of the juice I used was fresh squeezed, I'm too lazy for all that :p )
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
5 ounces yellow onion, 1/4" diced

2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 tablespoon oregano, fresh, chopped (I didn't have fresh, so I used dried)

1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 teaspoon kosher salt

3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
1 cup olive oil


Floribbean Mojo Sauce:
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup yellow onion, 1/4" diced
1 cup plum tomato, 1/4" diced
1/2 cup red pepper, 1/4" diced (I don't like red pepper so I skipped this)

1/4 cup scallion (green onion), 1/4" sliced
1 tablespoon oregano, fresh, chopped (again, I used dried)
2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried (I didn't have any thyme, so I skipped this also)
pinch Cayenne pepper


Directions:
Combine all ingredients for the marinade and then pour over the pork loin. (I put them in a ziplock bag). Let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.

When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375. Bake for about 35 minutes on a rack in a roasting pan, until the internal temperature is a minimum of 155. (It took about an hour for this to bake. I don't know if it was just the oven or not. But after 35 minutes, we even turned it up to 400 degrees.)
Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth. Mine was not quite smooth. It was more of the consistency of a very thin salsa. But still good!
Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Keep on the lowest setting until the pork is done.
Slice pork and ladle the sauce over the pork.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Yum! Glad you liked it and I'll definitely add this to the round up (as I haven't gotten to it yet!) :)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667