12/12/2008

Skillet Noodle Lasagna

I found this recipe on Test Kitchen Recipes. J and I thought it was delicious!

I added some ground beef to the recipe, but other than that - I didn't make any changes. This makes A LOT of food! We'll have leftovers for days! Which is okay, since we both liked it. But next time I'll definitely try to cut it in half.

I would suggest a skillet with fairly tall sides. I used one that had about 4 inch sides - and it was pretty close to the top, as you can see from the pictures.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb wide egg noodles (I used shells and some macaroni because I didn't have enough shells)
1 container (1 lb) cottage cheese
1 10 ou package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1 lb ground meat (I used beef)
Pepper, oregano and garlic powder to taste
1 large 32 ou jar pasta sauce
1 package (8 ou) shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
1/4 c grated Parmesan

Directions:
In a large skillet (12") cook your ground meat, drain any fat and season to taste with black pepper, oregano and garlic powder. When done, transfer to a bowl and set aside.

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.

Meanwhile - combine the cottage cheese and creamed spinach in a bowl.
In the skillet, spread a layer of pasta sauce, about one cup, over the bottom. Top with about 1/3 of the noodles, then layer in your meat, and then top with another 1/3 of your noodles. Top those with 1/2 of the remaining pasta sauce, then add your cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 of the package of shredded cheese. Finally add on your remaining noodles followed by the remaining sauce.
Cover skillet and turn to high heat and bring to a rapid simmer. Reduce to medium heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes.

Sprinkle on your remaining shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese. Replace cover and simmer for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes. Serve.

4 comments:

nicole

this is totally a recipe my husband would love. I might try it with sausage instead of ground beef... keep it healthy you know ;)

Anonymous

That looks really good and easy. Something I might make some day.

Colleen

Mmmm, this looks great! Definitely starred!

What's Cookin Chicago

Oh my... where's my fork? I'd love to dig into this!!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667