12/01/2008

J's Crockpot Randomness

As I said in the Deviled Eggs post, my husband is now known in the blog as J.

I went out yesterday afternoon to come home to something in the crockpot. Now, 9 times out of 10, when J cooks, it's something with pasta, so I was very surprised to find this concoction cooking when I got home.

He basically threw in some random ingredients that we had sitting around the house. I don't really know quantities, and, to be honest, I doubt if he does either.

This actually turned out pretty good. I think it seemed a bit like a very thick potato soup. If we had them, carrots and celery would've made a nice touch.

He ate his over pasta (surprise, surprise :), I just ate it as is.

For some reason the pierogies kind of disintegrated into the dish. There were small chunks of them to be found - but they definitely were no longer whole.

Ingredients:
12 homemade pierogies (frozen)
1 can cream of potato soup
Frozen broccoli
Sausage, sliced into bite sized pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Put all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on high for about 5-6 hours.

J, let me know if I'm missing anything!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

This looks so creamy and comforting! I wouldn't have thought to prepare pierogis like this - yum!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667