1/13/2009

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken stuffed with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil

Adapted from The Missing Ingredient.

I was really excited about making this chicken. I've never made a stuffed chicken, and I absolutely love fresh mozzarella and basil.

And this definitely lived up to expectations. J said it was one of the best pieces of chicken he's ever had, and that I would have a hard time topping it.

One note - watch the amount of salt that you use. I didn't take into consideration that proscuitto is pretty salty on its own, and I salted the outside of the chicken, as well as the mixture that I stuffed it with. Next time, I'll skip it on the outside, and just do a pinch or two in the stuffing mixture.

I basically used the same recipe as above, I just slightly changed the process.

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Kosher salt and Freshly ground pepper
About 5 ou fresh mozzarella, chopped into small cubes
4-5 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
2-4 slices prosciutto
1 T EVOO

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

In a small bowl, mix the mozzarella, basil, EVOO and salt and pepper.

Prepare your chicken breasts by slicing a pocket horizontally - cutting almost all the way through the chicken.

Pepper (and salt if desired) the outside of the chicken breasts.

Stuff each breast with half of the mozzarella mixture. Then wrap each breast with one or two slices of prosciutto to hold it together. (I used 2 slices - I love prosciutto.)


Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

5 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I love all those ooey gooey cheese!

Kristen616

Looks delicious! I love prosciutto and I bet it's even better wrapped around chicken!

Unknown

My husband loves prosciutto, and I love cheese!!! This looks delicious!

The Missing Ingredient
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Missing Ingredient

Glad you liked it! I love this recipe.

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667