2/26/2009

Steak Salad

Well this isn't really a recipe - but I just thought it turned out so pretty. :p Colorful and yummy looking. :)

I made this for J and I last night. I seasoned the steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning and broiled it for about 5 minutes per side. It was slightly overdone, steak is not one of my strengths. :( But still pretty good!

The salad had spring mix greens, tomato, mushrooms (mini portobello and button), carrots, sliced almonds and freshly shredded Parmesan. I mixed a bit of Garlic Red Wine Vinegar, EVOO, and pepper for the dressing. And I had some toasted french bread with this really good Herb Spread on top.

4 comments:

Kristen616

This salad looks awesome! Your right, it's SO pretty and I'll bet it tastes really great too!

What's Cookin Chicago

This salad looks awesome and a perfect meal in itself!

Colleen

This looks gorgeous AND delicious!

gaga

Steak is not one of my strengths either, but it looks like you did a great job! Practice does make perfect though, and eating your "practices" is always fun :)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667