3/04/2009

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

I've seen similar recipes to this floating around everywhere, so I don't really have a specific resource.

This was super easy, and extremely good!

I served it over rice with some guac and sour cream, and cheese sprinkled on top - but it would be great wrapped in a tortilla or used in a taco as well.

Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 jar salsa
1 can black beans, drained
1 package taco seasoning

Directions:
Put the salsa and black beans into your crockpot. Season the chicken with the taco seasoning and put on top. (I used a 4 qt crockpot and frozen chicken, since I'm gone for at least 9 hours.)

Set the crockpot on low and cook 8-10 hours.

When ready to eat, remove the chicken and shred it, then mix it back into the crockpot.

Ladle over cooked rice to serve, sprinkle with cheese (I used Monterey & Colby Jack), and serve with a bit of guac and sour cream.

1 comments:

Colleen

I love this - I need to make it again soon! I add corn to mine, too!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667